Friday, December 30, 2016

New Word for the New Year


As 2016 comes to an end, I've noticed many Christians talking about their "word" for the New Year. Unlike those quickly forgotten New Year's Resolutions, a "word" for 2017 is a theme or focus on whatever you feel led to pray about, think about, research, study, meditate on, write about, and/ or improve in your life and the lives of others.

For example, a little over a year ago, I felt God wanted me to focus on "praise," which resulted in regular posts of praise poems -- enough for a whole book! This coming year, I'm seeking confirmation of the word "peace." What about you?

1.) What word from The Word will be your new theme or focus?

2.) How did you know?

I'll be eager to hear your responses in the comments below.

May God guide and bless you throughout the New Year.

Mary Harwell Sayler, ©2016