Thursday, February 16, 2017

Bible Reviewer: Praying the Psalms: Drawing Near to the Heart of God

Bible Reviewer: Praying the Psalms: Drawing Near to the Heart of God:

When I learned that Tyndale House had published Praying the Psalms: Drawing Near to the Heart of God by Ben Patterson, I requested a review copy, which the publisher kindly sent. Immediately I saw a book meant to be used! The clear font on quality paper sewn into a nice imitation leather cover should hold up well. More important, Pastor Patterson’s responses to each psalm gives a book I plan to add to my morning devotionals, reading one each day.


Although every psalm has not been included in this nicely done edition, most of these prayer-poems quote the New Living Translation followed by the author’s commentary, suggestions, and relevant questions, all of which aid us in “Drawing Near to the Heart of God.” 

'via Blog this'