Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Execution of Jesus the Christ

When BookLook Bloggers asked if I would like an extra book to review, I selected the Kindle edition of The Execution of Jesus the Christ: The Medical Cause of Our Lord’s Death During His Illegal Crucifixion by Mark J. Kubala MD.

Although very well researched and very well written, this is not an easy book to read. If you have seen graphic portrayals of Jesus’ crucifixion, a normal reaction would be to turn your head away, which is what I wanted to do, and yet….

The Execution of Jesus the Christ occurred because of me! How could I ever close my eyes to the horror He knowingly endured because of His love? And what could I possibly read this very week that would be more relevant and timely?

As you’ll see, a paperback edition of this book exists, but the Kindle edition can be downloaded immediately and read before this week of the Lord’s Passion comes to an end.

Thanks be to God and to the author, however, this book does not focus entirely on Jesus’ last days on earth. Dr. Kubala also gives a well-told, sweeping view of the reasons Christ came to us in a book that will surely draw us closer to Him.

Mary Harwell Sayler, reviewer

The Execution of Jesus the Christ, Kindle edition



The Execution of Jesus the Christ, paperback



I review for BookLook Bloggers